VRV IV Heat Pump (RXYQ)
Daikin’s VRV IV systems integrate advanced technology to provide comfort control with maximum energy efficiency and reliabilty. Currently available in heat pump and heat recovery configurations,VRV IV provides a solution for multi-family residential to large commercial applications desiring heating or cooling. The VRV IV is the first variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system to be assembled in North America.
What’s new about VRV IV?
Optimized Installation with New Unit Ranges for low total Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
Energy Efficiency with Variable Refrigerant Temperature (VRT)
Fast Installs mean Fast Commissions
Ensure Peace of Mind with a Limited 10-Year Warranty*
*Complete warranty details are available from your local Daikin manufacturer’s representative or distributor or online at www.daikincomfort.com. To receive the 10-year Parts Limited Warranty or 10-year Compressor Limited Warranty, online registration must be completed within 60 days of installation. Online registration is not required in California or Quebec.
Overview of VRV IV Features.
- Total comfort solution for heating, cooling, ventilation and controls
- Redesigned and optimized for total Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
- Reduced install cost and increased flexibility as compared to VRV III with larger capacity single modules up to 14 tons and system capacity up to 34 tons
- Efficiency improved over VRV III by an average of 11% with IEER Values now up to 28
- Improved seasonal efficiency as compared to VRV III with automatic and customizable Variable Refrigerant Temperature (VRT) climate tuning
- Best-In-class warranty* with 10-year compressor and parts limited warranty as standard
- Reduced commissioning time vs. VRV III with VRV configurator software and Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Design flexibility with long piping lengths up to 3,280 ft. total and 100 ft. vertical separation between indoor units
- Take advantage of Daikin’s unique zone and centralized controls
208-230V & 460V and 575V
|No. of Outdoor Units||1||1||1||1||1||2||2||2||2||2||2||2||3||3||3|
|Max No. of Indoor Units||12||16||20||25||29||33||37||41||45||49||54||58||62||64||64|
|No. of Inverter Compressors (208-230V & 460V)||1||1||1||2||2||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+2||2+2||2+2||2+2||1+1+1||1+1+2||1+2+2|
|No. of Inverter Compressors (575V)||1||1||1||1||1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1+1||1+1+1||1+1+1|
Outside air connection possible
Condensate pump standard
Daikin’s VRV IV systems integrate advanced technology to provide comfort control with maximum energy efficiency and reliability. Currently available in heat pump and heat recovery configurations, VRV IV provides a solution for multi-family residential to large commercial applications desiring heating or cooling. The VRV IV is the first variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system to be be assembled in North America.
Variable Refrigerant Temperature
VRV – Constantly Evolving, Setting the Standard.
VRV IV combines a number of substantial improvements in system capability and function compared to VRV III.
Larger capacity units now utilize new inverter compressors for all configurations. This improves overall efficiency and allows the VRV IV to start with essentially no inrush power. This is ideal for limiting demand expense and for solar installations or facilities that may occasionally run on generator power, where a high amperage starting requirement is difficult to meet.
VRV IV now uses a four-sided coil that presents a greater heat exchange surface. While allowing the same footprint for all unit sizes for ease of design, we have increased efficiency through improved heat transfer on all sizes. This change has also enabled increasing capacity in our standard modules, extending the range up to 34 tons on a single network. Many applications have been simplified, as fewer units can be used to achieve desired performance. Another added benefit to this is a reduction in system refrigerant volume.
Flexibility is everything
- Large capacity range (6 – 34 ton), up to 64 indoor fan coil units on one system and up to 200% connection ratio
- Long piping length, up to 3,280’ total, with up to 100’ vertical separation
- Wide range of indoor units, including additional “mini-split” units
- Redesigned and optimized for low total Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
- All inverter compressors in all model sizes
- New configuration software allows full setup offsite with PC upload
- 10-year limited warranty* on compressor and parts is standard
* Complete warranty details available from your local dealer or at www.daikincomfort.com. To receive the 10-year compressor and parts limited warranty, online registration must be completed within 60 days of installation. Online registration is not required in California or Quebec.
- Efficient overall system performance, up to 28 IEER
- Excellent heating performance, up to 4.20 COP
- Variable Refrigerant Temperature control cycle provides improved seasonal efficiency
- Quieter than VRV III
- Improved refrigerant leakage control
- Reduced factory charge (refrigerant)
- All-inverter technology
- Continuous heating during oil return
- Night time quiet mode
- Backup function
- Light modular design
- Common footprint
- Automatic charge function
- Automatic test and self-diagnosis functions
- Improved electrical and refrigerant piping connections
- Automatic information storage
- General Product Catalog
- VRV IV Heat Pump Brochure
- Case Studies
- Software Tools
- VRV Portfolio
- VRV Product Catalog
- VRV Reference Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions